Special Police Officer
While ensuring the overall physical safety and security for all visitors and staff. Security Officers perform many tasks throughout their shifts; these tasks may include patrolling the facility on foot manning the entrance to the facility and answering phones, greeting guests and employees. Security officers act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees. This position will perform security duties as outlined by contract requirements and site specific post orders. These responsibilities may include:
- Access control for guests, tenants and vendors.
- Enforcement of Client and Company policies and procedures.
- Observation and reporting of fire and safety hazards.
- Conduct of routine foot patrols in and around assigned area.
- Reporting of all pertinent issues and incidents to the Site Captain, DPM, PM and the client as appropriate.
- Interaction with a variety of persons including clients, visitors, public safety officials, employees and the general public
- Detain unauthorized visitors, intruders or those committing unlawful acts on the client’s premises.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Conduct daily activities, post rotations for optimal coverage, uniform inspections, train, coach, counsel.
- Coordinate weekly activities IAW contract requirements, but not limited to completing weekly spot quizzes and ensuring subordinates, complete tasks within specified time frames.
- incident reports for accuracy, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Ensure operational efficiency by making sure duty assignments are clear and the necessary resources are provided to the security officers to complete assigned tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
Part-time and Full-Time positions available. Must be available for various shifts.
U.S. Citizen and 21 years of age; High School Diploma or GED. Possess a current, valid armed DC Special Police Officer (SPO) commission. Shall have a background with a minimum of two years of successful experience in field supervision (served in the Armed Forces, civilian law enforcement or commercial/industrial security force service). Maintain all required credentials and training requirements IAW the contract. Must successfully pass a criminal background investigation to include previous employment and personal references. Must successfully pass a physical and medical examination, drug screening to include a Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB).